INTERIOR PAINTING SERVICES
The customer comes first. That's the service we provide. We will do whatever it takes to meet your objectives.
We know how important the appearance of your home or business is and we will provide the full service experience to make it perfect!
Call on us today for your painting needs.
Interior Painting Services
It's more than a "paint job." It's your home.
When you allow a painting contractor into your home to paint its interior—or on to your property to paint its exterior—you're purchasing more than a "paint job." Instead, you're purchasing a process that has a beginning and end.
You will have a relationship with your painting contractor, as well as the crew that they send to your door. And the quality of that crew will have as profound an impact on your experience and results as will the paint and materials they apply to your home.
At Minnesota Best Painting, we are keenly aware of this—and that awareness drives the major difference between us and other painters in Twin Cities, Minnesota area.
We understand that each step of the painting process needs to be done expertly to achieve the best looking and longest-lasting results: from the initial estimate, to the prep-work, to the actual painting, all the way through to the final walk-through when we invite your final approval.
These reasons are why we are one of the best painting companies in Twin Cities, Minnesota meaning that many of our customers routinely refer us to their friends, neighbors, and family.
Interior House Painting | Interior Painters
Interior painting is a very important aspect to your home or business. There are so many things to consider. The interior paint job can dramatically improve the look and feel of a home. There is nothing like a nice coat of paint to make your living room, bedroom, or any house space come alive. However, a paint job is only as good as the painter doing it. At Minnesota Best Painting, our interior paint jobs are rated high by homeowners who have given us great recommendations. We do all types of interior paint jobs from apartments, houses, condos, and commercial buildings. Let us become your Minnesota best interior paint specialist with our proven experience and professionalism.
At Minnesota Best Painting, we take pride in our level of attention-to-detail. We understand the importance of a job well done, which includes all aspects of the project from start to finish.
Here is a sample checklist of things that we always consider for interior painting:
We cannot stress this enough to all of our clients. Picking the right color will allow you to maximize the beauty of your interior space. At Minnesota Best Painting, we give you a free color consultation with your estimate. We can give you our recommendations on what colors will bring out the energy of your room and home.
What kind of furniture do you have? What are the color themes? Always consider the surroundings when you decide on the perfect colors.
There are two types of lighting to consider, natural and artificial lighting. Remember, the colors will change depending on how much light is coming through the windows and doors.
Size of Space:
The size of the room can be an important factor. If you have a smaller room, you want to make sure the colors make your room look wider and taller. There is nothing worse than making your room look even smaller. It’s all about maximizing the space you have.
The texture of your wall and ceiling might create problems with the type of paint and color that you select. At Minnesota Best Painting, we always evaluate the condition of your space in order to minimize error.
Drywall Repair & Drywall Patchwork
Has your home been recently visited by a plumber or electrician? Did they have to cut holes in your drywall? Are you staring at hole in your wall or ceiling? Following the repairs, these areas will require drywall patchwork and texture. At Minnesota Best Painting, our goal is to not only cover the hole, but to have your wall or ceiling look like it was never damaged. If you have a lot of holes, it is more efficient to cut out one big area instead of patching many small areas. At Minnesota Best Painting, we always strive to find the most cost effective method without sacrificing quality. Once we repair the drywall patchwork, we can quickly match the paint to the rest of the wall. With all of our drywall repair jobs, all work areas will be bagged off with plastic. The walls and furniture will be completely covered with plastic. We take pride in ensuring that your home is handled with care.
Drywall Repair due to Water Damage?
Some of the most difficult and time consuming repairs can come from water damage. When the drywall is soaked, the water damaged drywall must be cut out. A common source of drywall water damage occurs due to plumbing problems. If you live in a high rise condominium unit or apartment, the water will leak down through the floors and affect the ceiling of the lower unit. When this type of water damage occurs, some people might find it necessary to replace the entire ceiling and sometimes the walls. It will always be a case by case situation and will depend on the severity of the water damage.
Can’t find the right color?
There are 1000s of different colors to choose from. Let’s say you also narrowed it down to the color white. There are over 100 different types of white. This can be very overwhelming. With Minnesota Best Painting, we offer a free color consultation to all of our customers.
When you select a color, you must consider several factors that will alter the look of your room or wall. Both natural and artificial lighting, texture of the walls, materials, and surroundings are key components in color selection. We will also match any custom color your desire.
Whether you’re looking to put your house on the market or you’d simply like a fresh new look, we will make sure the job gets done quickly, professionally, and with minimal disruption to your daily life.
Most houses are not alike. And each paint job is unique. We are professional painting contractors that paint interiors and exteriors. We do everything from new construction painting, remodel painting, repaints and custom house painting.
Purpose and budgets are considered when a painting estimate is being done. Please let us know when we are discussing your painting job. We can tailor a painting estimate for your specific needs.
The Finer Points of Interior House Painting:
Interior painting has many facets that require specific knowledge. If an inexperienced, unskilled or unethical painter does not prepare your surfaces properly they may cost you more money repairing the work they did in the future. We will be sure that this does not happen to you when we paint your home. Interior paint products vary in price and the most expensive products do not always mean you will get double the life out of your paint finish. However premium quality products should always be used low grade production grade paint products will not last nearly as long as premium paints.
Baseboard, Crown and other Trim Moldings
Cabinet and woodwork refinishing
Cabinet refinishing, resurfacing, antiquing
Ceiling repair, texture and painting
Custom staining and enameling
Decorative Faux Finishes
Drywall / Sheetrock / Plaster repair
Drywall / Sheetrock texturing
Enameling of woodwork trim, doors, and windows
Entry Doors & Thresholds
Finishing of new Windows & Doors
Furniture painting, refinishing, lacquering, antiquing
Insurance claim work
New Cabinets (paint or stain)
Paneling and Wainscot
Staining & Finishing of New/Existing Woodwork & Cabinetry
Varnishing of woodwork
Wall Paper Removal and Hanging
Wall repair and painting
- Our staff is highly trained, professional and has been employed with us for years
- Educate the client on the process
- Full prep of the paint area including repairing wall imperfections such as nail holes, cracks, etc.
- Allow the client to save money by preparing the paint area by removing furniture, cleaning vents, removing and replacing outlet covers
- We use only top quality products
- We keep a record of your custom colors
- You'll receive a clear, up-front quote
- We never increase project cost
- We don’t skip steps
- We are dedicated to a superior job
- We continuously keep a clean job site
Interior Pre-Paint Check List
The following checklist will assist us in being able to complete our work quickly and cause less disruption to your routine.
Prior to our arrival:
- If necessary: Disconnect wiring from computers, video, TV and stereos. Identify your wires so you can reconnect them correctly.
- Remove and store any items on the walls in the areas we are painting.
- Clear off all counters, tables, dressers and shelves of all items.
- Rooms should be clear of all clothing, papers, towels, throw rugs, etc.
- If closets are being painted, please have them emptied prior to our arrival.
- If any pictures, hanging items etc., are staying in their current location, please leave their hardware in place. If they are being moved, please pull the hardware and we will patch the holes.
- Remove contents of kitchen cabinets if they are to be refinished
- Grandfather clocks should be secured or removed from area
- Remove towels, rugs, and accessories from bath and powder rooms
- Take down curtains and draperies (Minnesota Best Painting is not responsible for any damaged window treatment)
- Alarm system should be disabled (Minnesota Best Painting is not responsible for alarm company service fees)
- Make any necessary arrangements for pets
- Call us prior to your paint job with any questions or concerns you may have. We will be glad to discuss them with you.
- For your comfort – if you are sensitive to odors (or if anyone is pregnant) you should try to make arrangements to stay away from the jobsite for the duration of the job.
- Please leave phone numbers where you may be reached during the day.
- Please relax. You have hired professionals who do this every day. We understand the disruption caused by having work done in your home and we will do everything possible to make it as easy for you as we can.
- If you are unable to do any of the items on the checklist, please contact us and we will be happy to make arrangements with you.
MINNESOTA BEST PAINTING will perform the following services
- Remove everything homeowner has from the walls.
- Take down window blinds; remove switch-plates and outlets, and any kind of decorations and paintings from the walls.
- Move furniture.
- Move all furniture to the middle of the room and cover it with plastic. Some of the painting contractors offer to move everything themselves, as a part of their painting services. We usually ask the homeowner to move all the light items, and we only move heavy pieces of furniture.
- All floors and carpeting will be covered with drop cloths
- There are many options when it comes to protecting floors, and every painting contractor uses what works best for them. Floors can be covered with tarps or plastic. We usually use plastic as you can seal it tightly with the masking tape at the edges of baseboards. For hardwood floors it is better to use special thick paper, as plastic does not work here as well as it works for covering carpets and other surfaces.
- Fix cracks and holes.
- Repair materials will also vary from one house painter to another. We usually use Painter's All-Purpose Acrylic Latex Caulk to fix cracks and Westpac Fast Set, Setting Compounds to fix holes in the drywall.
- Small nail holes and thin cracks usually do not need to be primed. Areas where mid size and large holes have been repaired will need to prime before applying coats of paint.
- Sometimes it is possible to get away with one coat of paint, if exact same colors and sheen are used, however most interior painting projects will require two coats of paint, to hide properly the previous color.
- Clean up.
- Each room area will be vacuumed and furniture will be put back in place upon completion of the job.
- Rubbish and empty paint containers will be removed from the job.
- Leftover paint cans will be marked and left for the customer.
- It is better to give a couple hours for the paint to dry before attempting to remove plastic or tape. This will ensure that fresh paint will not transfer during the clean up from the plastic or tape to the carpet and furniture.
MINNESOTA BEST PAINTING takes pride in our professionalism and craftsmanship. Time is taken to prepare and protect your property as if it were our own and to provide the best possible service to complete your project in an efficient and timely manner.